Religion and Race in Early America: Beam Me Up from this Planet

Here's a fellow summer toiler in the vineyards of religion and race in early America. While Historianess must produce syllabi and book contracts, Slothful Colorado resident must get going on his chapters of Jesus in Red, White and Black. I'm currently mulling over how Native Americans in the colonial and antebellum eras encountered the idea of "Jesus," or "Christ." Having spent the bulk of my research career in Civil War to present, this is a new enterprise for me. Historian to Enterprise: beam me up from this strange planet, where I suddenly understand very little.

Comments

John J. Kaiser said…
"I'm currently mulling over how Native Americans in the colonial and antebellum eras encountered the idea of "Jesus," or "Christ.""

Keep us updated. I am very curious about that as well.

John J. Kaiser
http://thehistorydump.wordpress.com

Popular Posts